Metaphysical Patterns in Platonism
Metaphysical Patterns in Platonism: Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance and Modern Times.
Edited by John F Finamore and Robert M Berchman
This anthology of 18 essays by scholars from around the world is published in association with the International Society for Neoplatonic Studies. It contains many of the papers presented in their 2005 annual conference.
- The Platonic Tripartite Soul and the Platonism of Galen’s on the Doctrines of Hippocrates and Plato - John F. Finamore
- Who Thought the Stars are Causes? The Astrologicmetaphysical coveral Doctrine Criticized by Plotinus - Marilynn Lawrence
- The Transcendence of Sophia in Plotinus’ Treatise On Intelligible Beauty - Daniele Bertini
- The Good’s Beauty is Above Beauty: Plotinus’ Argument In Ennead VI.7- Martin Achard
- Plotinus On The Being of The One - John Bussanich
- Consulting the Oracle: The Mantic Art and its Causation in Iamblichus’ De Mysteriis - Crystal Addey
- Astrology as Divination: Iamblichean Theory and its Contemporary Practice - Gregory Shaw
- The Roles of Apollo and Dionysus in Nietzsche’s Birth of Tragedy and in the Emperor Julian’s Theology - Jay Bregman
- Augustine, Proust and the Rhetoric of Time and Creation - Burcht Pranger
- Monophysitism and the Evolution of Theological Discourse in Christian Neoplatonism - Edward Moore
- Eriugena, Emerson and the Poetics of Universal Nature - Willemien Otten
- Marsilio Ficino’s Platonism on Human-Divine Kinship and Assimilation - Mary Lenzi
- The Place of the Universe: Science and Platonism in Copernicus’ De Revolutionibus - Gina Zavota
- Mapping Knowledge and Consciousness of Being: Categories as Transcendentals in Plotinus and Hegel - Robert M. Berchman
- Critique and Rescue: On Adorno’s Diagnosis of Aristotle’s Metaphysics - Russell Ford
- Wincenty Lutoslawski Platonic Studies: Plato as an Inspiration for Polish Messianism - Tomas Mróz
- Neoplatonism in Science Past and Future - Bruce Maclennan
- The Primordial Tradition of the World’s Religions and the Reconstruction of Neoplatonic Metaphysics - Atsushi Sumi.
256 pages. Paperback.
About the SeriesSee all volumes
These anthologies, published by the Prometheus Trust in association with the International Association for Neoplatonic Studies (ISNS), collect essays by leading scholars in the field of (Neo)platonic philosophy.